Feb 25th, 1998
Press / Business contact:
Debris Infinity is an action packed game that puts your reflexes to the limit, allowing you to manipulate time itself to make impossible maneuvers, using an advance scoring system to rank your performance!
With 3 different single-player game modes you can test your skills in exciting scenarios: Fight against the clock in Time Attack, plan you attacks with precision in Power Wave or survive to earn the highest score in Normal mode.
Bring along a friend and enjoy the cooperative gameplay in all game modes, where one player act as the pilot and the other as the gunner: Synchronization is key!
Or fight in Versus Mode, where you can use enemies as weapons or bait, to confuse and defeat the other player!
Test and improve your skills in the pulse-pounding experience of Debris Infinity!
Take control and face one of the 3 challenging game modes available:
· Normal Mode: Get the maximum score against increasingly harder enemy attacks that will improve their strategy depending on how well you are playing.
· Time Attack: You have 3 minutes to achieve the highest score ever. Your ship will have infinite shields but each enemy impact decreases your score… you can end up with a negative score if you are not careful!
· Power Wave: Enemies will attack in waves and you are on a time limit! Each cleared wave awards you with a time extension so play smart to minimize time wasted, avoiding collisions, of course.
There is an advanced scoring system that rewards precision and reflexes:
· Combos: Destroying enemies constantly without letting the Combo Meter to be depleted will increase the current combo and the score value of each enemy.
· Streak: Defeat enemies without receiving damage will increase the score multiplier. Being impacted reduces it.
· Reflex: Get a score bonus by having good reflexes and destroying enemies as soon as they appear. The longer they stay active, the smaller the bonus.
· Chains: Destroy enemies of the same color in groups of 4 to create a chain. Chaining rewards you with a bit of energy for slowing down time or launching a powerful hyperbomb. Make lots of chains and you will get a temporal bonus weapon or more shield.KEEP THIS IN MIND: Be elusive. Be intense. Be constant.
Find a friend, bring a gamepad and enjoy the multiplayer modes. When the competition heats up 2 gamepads is the way to go!
· Coop: Are you both in tune with each other? Then bring it on! One player will be the pilot, managing movment and manipulating time. The other will be the gunner, controlling weapons and the ever-precious hyperbombs. But remember, both bombs and slowdown use the same energy reserve… Face all of the singleplayer challenge from a different perspective, working as a team!
· Versus: Two ships on screen, thousands of enemies approaching. Who will get the higher score? Use your ability and mind-games to pull ahead! Lure enemies into your oponent’s path! Or break his huge combo with a well-timed hyperbomb! And this is important: If the current winner dies, the loser just might survive long enough to surpass his record and win, so every point counts!
· Up to 4K at 60 fps graphics for a full arcade experience.
· Slowdown time for daredevil moves.
· Different bonus weapons.
· Worldwide online rankings with in-game rank indicator to increase motivation.
· In-depth configuration options for different interfaces, rumble feedback, sound...
· Multilanguage: English, Spanishm, Japanese, Russian, French, German, Italian...
About SVC Games
It's a small indie studio from Spain made up of Sergio del Valle (Software engineer, designer, graphics) and Alejandra Castanedo (Art, sound, voices) with more than 20 years of experience developing videogames, small personal projects and third party work, that creates highly polished videogames and applications with focus on engaging gameplay and memorable quality-feeling experiences.
Debris Infinity is their first commercial self-financed, self-published release in a videogame console.
Gameplay trailer Youtube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
· 4 Nominations at DeVuego Awards 2018:
- Best console game
- Best sound
- Best programmer (Sergio del Valle)
- Best communication
· 2 Nominations at IndieBurger Developer Awards 2018:
- Coolest game
- Candy award
· 6th best reviewed spanish game of 2018 by international media (DeVuego)
· Top 20 Indie Retro Games on Nintendo Switch (NindieSpotlight)
· Top 100 Indie Games on Nintendo Switch (NindieSpotlight)
· 'Overall this is a fantastic game that anyone who wants a game they can play with 10 minutes of downtime or just enjoy twin stick shooters, pick this up and I guarantee you won’t regret it.'
- Colton Malich (Infendo.com). 5 out of 5
· 'I prefer Debris Infinity to Geometry Wars 1, 2 and Galaxies: It's just that good.'
- Studio Mudprints (Bullet Heaven). 4.75 out of 5
· 'Nowadays there aren't many developers betting on making an arcade game that create something that doesn't end up being a disaster. Here we find the clearest example of a game understanding the format and taking advantage of its potential to it's fullest.'
- Naruedyoh (HardwarEsfera.com). 86 out of 100
· 'Debris Infinity is an arcade title that will delight every shoot'em up aficionado with it's well thought-out mechanics, challenge and it's proposal of personal improvement and worldwide ranking. With fast and very dynamic matches it is, without a doubt, a game that all lovers of this style of game should have.'
- José Vicente Mendiola (33bits.net). 85 out of 100
· 'It’s a great pick up and play. It’s super cheap for what's on offer for people who love score chasing or shooters. I think they will get a lot of mileage out of this little gem. Do yourselves a favor and pick it up – it’s loads of fun in singleplayer and local multiplayer. If you love getting high scores or competing with others through online leaderboards, then this is a must buy!'
- Leigh Wynne (SwitchWatch UK). 85 out of 100
· 'This game is an awesome pick up and go gem. With its high score scoreboard around the world, you are going to want to challenge yourself until your can reach that number one spot. Even if you don’t this game will have you crawling back for more even if it is only just for a few minutes!'
- Hubalubalu (The New Odyssey). 83 out of 100
· 'Debris Infinity is a fun twin-stick shooter and one of the best on the Nintendo Switch. Factoring in the price ($4.99 on the Nintendo eShop) this is one of the best values in the genre. The simplistic controls and fast-paced game modes make Debris Infinity ideal for on the go gaming. The explosive graphics and tight player controls compliment the addictive gameplay. Debris Infinity’s several different modes along with a 2-player option provide a fair amount of replay value for the price. The online leaderboards also make coming back worth the time. If you’re into fast paced twin-stick action with some new twists check out Debris Infinity on the Nintendo Switch.'
- Greg Davies (Nintenfan.com). 82 out of 100
· 'A great little twin-stick shooter that wears its inspiration on its sleeves but backs it up with challenging wave based fun that might easily become an addiction as you try to work your way up the leaderboards.'
- Simon Brown (GameGrin.com). 80 out of 100
· 'For its budget price Debris Infinity is an incredible deal of an arcade-style space shooter, mixing some classic elements of Asteroids with modern sensibilities and polished presentation. Much more than the Geometry Wars clone people could suspect at a quick glance, it stands apart with its own rules, flow, and challenging play. See you on the global leaderboards!'
- Justin Nation (NindieSpotlight.com). 80 out of 100
Sergio del Valle
Director, game design, programming
Based on DoPresskit()